Friday, March 26, 2010

Tricks and Traps

Trick moves and traps abound in chess.  Some work splendidly if the opponent succumbs.  Others recoil badly if they are avoided.  Black's trap in the following game is a good one, as it promises optimum results with minimum risk.

For opening tricks and traps, you may visit Chess Opening Tricks.

CRADDOCK vs. MIESES
London, 1939
ENGLISH OPENING

1. c4, e5
2. Nc3, Nc6
3. g3, Nf6
4. Bg2, Bb4
5. e3 .....

White makes room for his King Knight at e2 as he does not want to block his King Bishop's diagonal.

5. ..... d6
6. N1e2, Bg4
7. Qb3 .....

White threatens to win a piece with Bxc6.

7. ..... Rb8 !

Black parries the threat, for after 8. Bxc6 bxc6, his King Bishop will be protected.

8. Nd5, Bc5
9. Nxf6+, Qxf6!

10. Bxc6+?, bxc6!
11. Qxb8+ .....

White succumbed to temptation.  He is unaware of the succeeding Two-Rook Sacrifice.

11. ..... Kd7
12. Qxh8, Qf3!

Threatening 13. .....Qxe2 mate as well as 13......Qxh1+ and mate the following move.

13. Kd1 .....

If White castles, the reply 13......Bh3 forces mate.  Similarly, on 13. Kf1 there follows 13.....Qxe2, 14. Kg1 Bh3.

13. ..... Qxe2+
14. Kc2, Qxc4+
15. Kb1, Qd3 mate.

Very neat finish.  Black must have all these in mind when he played move 7.

10 comments:

  1. I am new to chess!! can anyone please tell me what means c4,e5 , Nc3 Nc6, G3 Nf6? how to move them!! I found on every website same kind of articles about chess tricks.. no one explains what is Nc6 or Qd3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandip, please send me your e-mail address and I will explain to you. Mine is junfude@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are numerous potential speculations for the "mystery of chess". I will give my conclusion on a portion of the legends I believe are busted (I don't know whether there's a reference there to some TV appear there) and which speculations I believe are conceivable.
    chess sets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you require a short while break at work? Or want to have a good time while you are feeling bored at home? Well you have the option to play video game titles on your hard drive! chess forum

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are locales where you can play your own games or even against the PC, destinations where you can post messages with respect to the game itselflatest chess info

    ReplyDelete
  6. That appears to be excellent however i am still not too sure that I like it. At any rate will look far more into it and decide personally! http://www.fafa191.com/th/3stepbet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as ABC. Fifa Football

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. slot online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails